1 YEAR, 10,000 PIECE, 1 ARTIST Live Streaming Video 24/7

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you read this title?  Yep that is what I asked you.  First thing and don't be shy.  Is it there yet?  COME ON, it has to be.  Are you filtering your initial instinct?  Stop it then!

First thing!  NOW!

Forming forming are they there yet?  Back from the P.O. to drop off some packages and back once again to the cool calm of my apartment where I feel safe.  In the moment of this safety my mind wondered back to the thoughts FORMING in my mind about collaging.  Every so often I think about it.  What reminds me, and sticks out every so often art the left over strips of some of my sphere paintings.  Saving those I did and 2 nights ago the IDEA POPPED INTO MY MIND, ever so deliciously so today I take the plunge.  wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Do you think I will come out of this alive?!?!  Too serious of a question to ask with beer in my hand.  Beer gone back to the task.  What was I doing?  Oh yea, the video!

This is what I love about my job because I know that no amount of words could ever describe the video.  Sure a few one word descriptions can apply.  Amazing!  Magnificent!  Huh?

With that said here it is once again, my beautiful video for my project "1 YEAR, 10,000 PIECE, 1 ARTIST Live Streaming Video 24/7"

Also, before I leave you with this beautiful and astonishing video (ooppss another word to describe, but does it really?) I am thinking of changing the name of this blog to "UN-CENSORED" because that is what I feel like I am being.  Just poring it out here for all to see.  "UN-CENSORED"

1 YEAR, 10,000 PIECES, 1 ARTIST Live Streaming Video 24/7

All Paintings/pieces are from the original 10,000 pieces, which started on November 8th, 2008 - November 7th, 2009.  And just in case you did not see the original posting on here, here it is:
(p.s.  The story about my cat named after Jackson Pollock is true.  He was my loverbug.)

Though I have been creating art for over 20 years, it wasn't until an unforeseen occurrence happened on November 8th, 2008 in which I started on a path of creativity, with no initial idea of the outcome. As far as I knew, I was only commemorating my beloved cat, named after Jackson Pollock, that had just passed away on that day (this cat was very special because he would bring me flowers in his mouth over a 2 1/2 year period and I stopped counting how many after 100 flowers). I created four new paintings on 11"x14" paper that were completely different from any work I had done before. I kept creating that day and the next and the next and..... Jump to November 7th, 2009: I finished piece # 10,202. 

What happened that year is nothing short of a creative miracle that I alone have memories of. I had discovered things about myself as an artist (and as someone with a brain injury disability) that became so profound, insightful, inspirational, and empowering that I have felt compelled to share this with others. For my new project, I will paint 10,000 pieces in one year again but this time with LIVE STREAMING VIDEO 24/7, showing all the intimate details that an artist can go through in the creative process. 

I had only one rule that year: no matter how bad my migraines, seizures, backaches, and exhaustion, I had to create at least one piece every day. With this in mind, I evolved from the type of creative artist I knew I could be into the one I wanted to be.


Here is a PayPal Donations Button for my project





































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photographer of the Week - Kory Zuccarelli

Splice A Monkey, don't you see?!

Five Portrait Photographers You Should Know