Five Los Angeles Fine Artists You Should Know

Re-Post Of StudioVox Crew - October 21st, 2016

Because I love this site and love what they do and are doing with spreading the word around of amazing artist in so many forms I am glad to have the opportunity to be able to re-post there daily post that I get from them straight in to my gmail.  Lucky me and lucky you since now I am posting them here.

No this is not some lame way for me in skating by and taking it easy in creating new post just for my blog here................ or is it.........  OK, maybe a little but really, for at least a couple of weeks now I have been wanting to figure out how to save all the wonderful emails I do get from them on a daily basis and only wish I had been doing it sooner but glad I am doing it now.

So I will probably be posting these past paragraphs for a little bit until I feel it is necessary not to do so and a link to StudioVox's site as you see below.


The StudioVox Crew
painting by orlov
Within the past 5-10 years, all eyes have been on Los Angeles as the new hot-spot for exciting growth in the art market. The city has quickly become the 2nd largest art market in the United States, after New York. People are drawn to the art community for its expansive spaces, laid-back vibes, and strong community of alumni from prestigious California-based MFA programs. The beautiful weather helps too! 
The artists we're celebrating today are all Los Angeles based artists whose distinct works beautifully capture the vibrancy, color and moods of Los Angeles' diverse art landscape and its eclectic energy.     
Los Angeles Fine Art Painter Mona Ray
Fine Artist - Los Angeles, CA
The vivid, color filled paintings of fine artist Mona Ray are abstract landscapes interpreting the land, sea, and sky of Southern California -- filtered through the lens of her imagination. Mood, atmosphere, and light are ongoing themes in her paintings.
Los Angeles Fine Art Painter Mona Ray
“My first art sale was a plein-air watercolor study of the Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming, ” she says.  The paint was still wet when a family friend and self-made millionaire offered me twenty dollars for it. I was sixteen and thrilled.”
For many years, she continued working in watercolor but changed to acrylics in her thirties when she began showing her work professionally.  Over the last 15 years, her work has been exhibited in galleries, juried festivals, and alternative art spaces.
Artist Mona Ray
“Art is a way of life for me. Painting is my meditation, my challenge, my means of transcendence.”
You can see more of her work on her website and on StudioVox.

Fine Artist - Los Angles, CA
The act of painting for Fine Artist, Francine Tissot is a venture into unexplored terrain. For Tissot, “The challenge is that of bringing about resolution via the arrangement of color and form. I enter the “arena” without a pre-conceived plan, embracing the unknown while immersed in the process,” she says.
Fine Artist Francine Tissot
Her work is replete with unmistakable references to the lushness of nature, yet the paintings remain abstractions in themselves. Add to that an art sensibility owing its development to studied absorption in the works of Cy Twombly, Joan Mitchell and the late paintings by Claude Monet.
Fine Artist Francine Tissot
“Keeping nothing precious, I set down the color, painting-in and painting-out, all the while looking to new juxtapositions,” she says.  “Eventually, through discovery and controlled accident, the work takes shape. Mine is an ongoing dialogue with the canvas-- the painting taking me where it wants to go!  My work seems to be evocative of a different world and is, for me, a gateway to another place. I hope that, for the viewer, a similar experience occurs.”
You can see more of her on StudioVox.

Fine Artist - Los Angeles, CA
Irena Orlov is an innovative, contemporary fine artist. Part artist, architect, designer, illustrator, and photographer she's known for creating captivating works that are full of energy.
 painting by artist Irena Orlov
Versatile in her mediums, her fine art path has led her to a unique expression of mood and color. Her approach conveys a retro sensibility combined with a clean, crisp modern design creating her prized, individual style. Her images begin spontaneously and give expression to personal creativity and insight. Each piece is unique in design. Irena often prefers to think of herself as a craftsman, constructing, or interpreting imagery and messages from her conscious and subconscious mind.  
Painting by artist Irena Orlov
You can see more of her work on her website and on StudioVox.  

Fine Artist - Los Angeles, CA
Fine artist Raphaele Cohen-Bacry was born and raised in Paris, France.  Her mother introduced her to its wonderful museums as a child and since then she has cherished both art and science.
Painting by artist Raphaele Cohen-Bacry
“As an adult I studied painting and engraving in various schools in France while completing my Doctorate in pharmacology,” she says. “I worked in my own studio in Paris for several years and then moved to Los Angeles twelve years ago. I have developed my own style that carries deep roots in art history and is also very lyrical. The way I work approaches the way an archaeologist performs: I am digging into the painting, looking for a universal and timeless truth." 
painting by artist Raphaele Cohen-Bacry
"With each painting I am trying to get close to a Persian miniature: chiseled, perfectly balanced and achieved but still looking effortless and free. Working as an artist is my way of staying grounded, in touch with my inner self and connected to the world and what is truly meaningful.”
You can see more of her work on her website and on StudioVox.

Fine Artist - Los Angeles, CA
Fine Artist, Jora Nelstein is a self-taught artist born in Amsterdam and currently living in Los Angeles.
Her inspiration comes from the feeling of a mood, the bright colors of a dream, the reflection of light in the night sky, the use of lines of great painters, the seemingly ease from Peter Doig.
Painting by artist jora nelstein
As a child she spend four years in the lush green tropics of Suriname, South America, and as a young adult she pursuit a modern dance career in New York City. These two major events in her life are recognized her paintings today. Her abstract work tends to be layered with bold color and big fluid movement. Often the layering represents the layers of the human emotions, and the mere colors underneath fleeing memories like some unconscious whispers hidden in the shadows.
Painting by artist jora nelstein
You can see more of her work on her website and on StudioVox.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photographer of the Week - Kory Zuccarelli

Splice A Monkey, don't you see?!

Five Portrait Photographers You Should Know