Five Portrait Photographers You Should Know

Re-Post Of StudioVox Crew - July 15th, 2016

Because I love this site and love what they do and are doing with spreading the word around of amazing artist is so many forms I am glad to have the opportunity to be able to re-post there daily post that I get from them straight in to my gmail.  Lucky me and lucky you since now I am posting them here.

No this is not some lame way for me in skating by and taking it easy in creating new post just for my blog here................ or is it.........  OK, maybe a little but really, for at least a couple of weeks now I have been wanting to figure out how to save all the wonderful emails I do get from them on a daily basis and only wish I had been doing it sooner but glad I am doing it now.

So I will probably be posting these past paragraphs for a little bit until I feel it is necessary not to do so and a link to StudioVox's site as you see below.


The StudioVox Crew
 Photography by Photographer Laszlo Szabo

Each week, StudioVox selects 5 artists, photographers, illustrators or designers from our community whose work inspires us creatively. Whether for its beauty, humor, detail, or the story behind the workStudioVox features artists we love that we think you'll enjoy too.
Our talented Photographers this week have an eye for expression, capturing the beauty and individuality of their subjects with portraiture.  Through their work these photographers capture an abstracted slice of the whole person weaving subtle cues of light, shadow and expression into a visual story. 
We gain an emotional link to the person - experiencing the ‘feel’ of knowing them without knowing them at all - creating an emotional connection through the depths of their eyes, or the slant of their chin.  A visual imagining of the simplicity or complexity of who they are, where the ordinary becomes extraordinary.


 Photography by photographer Erica V. Karsbergen
Photographer - Netherlands
Erica V. Karsbergen is fine art photographer based in the Netherlands.  Her very distinctive and recognizable style is characterized by the use of dark shadows and light and by a strong inspiration from Dutch golden age paintings.
 Photography by photographer Erica V. Karsbergen
The relation between old and new is inherent in her creation's, from the choice of the subject to the recycled materials that she used in her shoots. ‘What is already on the earth is enough to create new art with,’ she says.  ‘My work focuses mainly on fine art portrait and lifestyle.’
You can see her work  at the Lemon frame gallery, Vogue.it and StudioVox.

Laszlo Szabo
 Photography by Photographer Laszlo Szabo
Photographer - Debrecen, Hungary
Laszlo Szabo is a self taught photographer who started photography about 2 years ago as a hobby. He lives in Debrecen, the 2nd biggest city in Hungary and works at IT related multinational company.
 Photography by Photographer Laszlo Szabo
“My main interest is portrait photography featuring women.  Creating images that are feminine and calm.  The environment and colors are a very important part of my photos and essential for the mood I want to create. I like to shoot with film cameras as well, but most of my shots are digital.”
 Photography by Photographer Laszlo Szabo
Szabo enjoys capturing the natural beauty of women “I love taking photos of models without make-up. Most of my models are my friends or colleagues from the company where I work, but in the future I would like to work with professionals as well.”
You can see more of his work on StudioVox

Photography by Photographer Alexandra Hraskova
Photographer - Prague, Czech Republic
Alexandra HraÅ¡ková is a 25 years old photographer from Slovakia who started her photography career when she was 17 years old and hasn’t stopped since.  “I finished law school in Bratislava but decided to become a professional photographer instead. 
Photography by Photographer Alexandra Hraskova
Three years ago I spent a year in Greece and then moved to Prague where I'm now based.  My work was featured in online magazines such as Splendor, Fashion map, The Book magazine, B- Authentique, Kink.cz.
Photography by Photographer Alexandra Hraskova
I'm mostly interested in portrait, fashion and travel photography. I love shooting fashion editorials and working with makeup artists and stylists but I try to focus on the natural beauty of women when shooting portraits.”  You can see more of her work on her website and on StudioVox

Photography by photographer Andrew Mesa
Photographer - Portland, Oregon
Andrew Mesa’s passion for photography is deeply rooted in his interest in the study of personality and helping people capture the truth about who they are. He believes, there’s beauty in every individual and a story that needs to be told. Based in Portland, this up and coming photographer dreams of owning his own studio, photographing celebrities and eventually directing.
Photography by photographer Andrew Mesa
An avid student of the theoretical science of Morphology, (a structured exploration of the manifestation of one's temperament in the structure of their face) he seeks to capture this essence and true reality of a person's identity in his photographs using his intuition and connection with his subjects.
Photography by photographer Andrew Mesa
He looks to famed photographer Sandro Miller for inspiration. You can see more of his work on hiswebsite and on StudioVox.

Photography by Photographer Kelly Jacobi
Photographer - Charlotte, North Carolina
For Photographer Kelly Jacobi photography is a way of life for her, merging her passions for documenting life as well as her passion for creating something beautiful.  “I want to record life in an honest and emotive way,” she says.   
Photography by Photographer Kelly Jacobi
“I want to find the balance between the mother and the artist; between documenting and creating art.  I strive to capture each moment not always as they were but as the way they felt. I think beauty lies in the simple things of life.  I pick up my camera when words fail me. I pick up my camera to document our days. I pick up my camera to create art."
Photography by Photographer Kelly Jacobi
She’d love the opportunity to capture the simple beautiful moments in your life too.  You can see more of her work on her website and StudioVox.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photographer of the Week - Kory Zuccarelli

Splice A Monkey, don't you see?!