New York City Art Virgin’s Surprising Work in Pointillism

Re-Post Of StudioVox Crew - July 11th, 2016

Because I love this site and love what they do and are doing with spreading the word around of amazing artist is so many forms I am glad to have the opportunity to be able to re-post there daily post that I get from them straight in to my gmail.  Lucky me and lucky you since now I am posting them here.

No this is not some lame way for me in skating by and taking it easy in creating new post just for my blog here................ or is it.........  OK, maybe a little but really, for at least a couple of weeks now I have been wanting to figure out how to save all the wonderful emails I do get from them on a daily basis and only wish I had been doing it sooner but glad I am doing it now.

So I will probably be posting these past paragraphs for a little bit until I feel it is necessary not to do so and a link to StudioVox's site as you see below.


The StudioVox Crew
Art by Ken Handel
Artist Ken Handel is not your typical visual artist in that he's only been creating art for the past five years. Until 2010, he lived in New York City as a marketing communications manager.  If he needed an artist, photographer, or illustrator, he'd simply call one. He certainly didn't consider himself on the list.  A frequent visitor to museums and galleries, he'd always been inspired viewing extraordinary contemporary artists as well celebrated men and women who created long ago.
It was only after he moved to Maryland's Lower Eastern Shore, and the job he had relocated for was over, that an urge to create visual art emerged. "I've never been to art school or taken a lesson.," he says.  "At one point I was responsible for promoting Parsons School of Design continuing education courses--as The New School's Director of Advertising--and got to know many very talented students, faculty, and staff. I also worked at The Jewish Museum on Museum Mile as a senior manager, creative services."
In the last few years he's worked towards developing a style he considers to be both striking and original. He developed a technique of Pointillism creating contemporary abstracts and works that include varied geometric elements. Most recently he was invited by Vida, a San Francisco design studio, to use his art in custom-made fashion and accessories.
You can see more of his work on his website and on StudioVox.

Art by Ken Handel
Cherished Nonconformity

Art by Ken Handel

Fat Stuffed Atoms with Rocket

Art by Ken Handel
Nonconformity II

Art by Ken Handel
Romance

Art by Ken Handel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photographer of the Week - Kory Zuccarelli

Splice A Monkey, don't you see?!

Five Portrait Photographers You Should Know