Five Artists You Should Know

Re-Post Of StudioVox Crew - June 14th, 2016

Because I love this site and love what they do and are doing with spreading the word around of amazing artist is so many forms I am glad to have the opportunity to be able to re-post there daily post that I get from them straight in to my gmail.  Lucky me and lucky you since now I am posting them here.

No this is not some lame way for me in skating by and taking it easy in creating new post just for my blog here................ or is it.........  OK, maybe a little but really, for at least a couple of weeks now I have been wanting to figure out how to save all the wonderful emails I do get from them on a daily basis and only wish I had been doing it sooner but glad I am doing it now.

So I will probably be posting these past paragraphs for a little bit until I feel it is necessary not to do so and a link to StudioVox's site as you see below.

https://studiovox.com/members/studiovox

Update from StudioVox
Five Artists You Should Know

The StudioVox Crew

painting by artist kerry smith
Art is freedom - freedom from the status quo, freedom from the absurd, random trends, opinions and expectations of the cultural chaos we live in (our family, our work, our communities, our 2000 facebook friends … and our baffling political climate).
Art is unity with the divine spirit of yourself; the deepest you-ness. The spirit of laughter and beauty, the spirit that arises in you when you look up for a moment to say, Wow.

We need art, so that we don’t spiral despondently into the pit of our own minds. Art is a sacred time-out. It’s an invitation to come out from the hole, and look upon ourselves with compassion, and most importantly a sense of humor.

The artists we’re celebrating today understand the freedom of art - the magical liberty of diving head first into the unknown. Bringing to life the infinite possibilities of the imagination and creating it so that others can find a moment of ‘Wow’ though their eyes.

Fine Artist - Warren, Rhode Island
Fine artist, Den Coelho is an American Listed Artist/Broker/Designer/Consultant with over 20 years experience in the art world creating his own art as well as cultivating some of today's most respected artisans, along with those in the fields associated with crafting, building and creating masterworks.
Diagnosed as an Artistic Savant/Aspergers, Coelho is a self-made artist in his own right, also brokering over five million art pieces.  “I have much to teach the art world. If they would listen.” he says.  His main focus now is teaching artists how to move forward with their own careers.
           Den Coelho Painting
Den first came into formal exposure to art in boarding school in Connecticut. He had a strict German teacher, who let the students explore with many different mediums. There is more than one factor, but that certainly planted the seed.
He is inspired by artists like Van Gogh, Andy Warhol, Picasso, Monet, Peter Max, Jackson Pollock, and a plethora of others. He works primarily in oils, he also works in acrylics, and watercolors.
          Painting by artist Den Coelho
He is a full-time artist, who also brokers art and is a philanthropist - Helping Kids to Achieve Their Dreams By Getting Them, and Keeping Them Off the Streets.  He is director of Chad Jase Outreach in Providence, RI. In collaboration with Providenceart investment.com, he runs a multi platformed mission that includes a residential, on the job training in the Fine Arts for adolescents and youth.  
Den is an example of a former gifted child who grew to use those abilities to try to make this world a better place.
You can see more of his work on his Facebook page and on StudioVox

Visual Artist - Rochester, New York
Shanamarie Lawhorn (Shay) started her journey as a visual artist as a child, sketching and drawing every chance she could get. She has come a long way since those days, establishing a career as a Freelance Artist featured in art exhibitions, as well as having her graphic art and paintings published.
          painting by Shanamarie Lawhorn
“I am an Illustrator. Throughout my life I have always tried to find ways to communicate and express who I am,” she says. “My artwork invites the viewer to think in new ways.  It showcases traditional fine art combined with modern graphic art. My main bodies of work are done in acrylic using a stippling technique, where I use a quick hand movement, laying the color, combined with water color and ink.”
       Painting by Shanamarie Lawhorn
You can see more of her work on her website and on StudioVox.  

Fine Artist - Rhode Island
Kerry Smith is a fine artist specializing in figures, portraits, drawings and paintings from life. A man of few words, he simply states -  “I'm a painter. I look I think. I think I paint. At times I just paint.” 
Painting by artist kerry smith
Based in Rhode Island, Smith studied fine arts painting earning both a BFA and a MFA. With vast professional experience of showings, exhibitions, honors and publications he says, “In the beginning I was something until it seemed like nothing. Now I'm something else and I'm glad that I am.”
Painting by artist kerry smith
You can see more of Kerry's work on his website and on StudioVox.  

Artist Fran Galea chikkas
Artist - London, England
Artist Fran Galea has created an art concept she calls Chikkas. Chikkas defines her love for art, culture, beauty and inspiration in a single word.  
Painting by Chikkas
“Since a very young age, I was always into art, watching my dad draw and craft lovely Maltese clocks, dabbling in paint and trying to draw or paint something,” she says.  “From then onwards, I never stopped drawing but always kept inspired and interested in whatever motivates and gives me inspiration.”
Painting by Chikkas
Her concept of “Chikkas” is developing with further upcoming ideas in the near future so I hope I can keep you curious for what is to come along from art work to crafts, blogs, DIY, recycled objects etc
You can see more of her work on her website and on StudioVox.  

Artist - Kingston, Jamaica
Artist Maia Chung is from Kingston Jamaica, in the Caribbean. “I began to paint and draw in October 2015. I was motivated to start this because of my mother's diagnosis with colon cancer. The processes of doing art helped me to not be too sad. 
Painting by artist maia chung
I have several occupations, I am a published author whose first book has sold globally. I have my own clothing line and I am an Autism advocate in Jamaica. You can red more about her work as an autism advocate here.  
painting by artist Maia chung

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photographer of the Week - Kory Zuccarelli

Splice A Monkey, don't you see?!

Five Portrait Photographers You Should Know