Today Was 1st Thursday In Portland

....and it went well.

Such a small amount of words to quantify the whole experience that keeps flooding my mind right now.  Where do I start?  The trees in the NW park blocks can't seem to let go of there hold on me.  Is that what I remember most from the experience?  Surprised to ask that question.  Tears, why, not sure.  Maybe I just miss trees.  That sounds about right.

Momentary emotions, brushed aside (with difficulty) because remembrance of what I have wanted so much for such a long time.  But that is not what is important now.  The connections I made.  That is the UN-expected connections I made tonight will probably be the most profound of all.

Camera crew ready, we set out to meet the art of artist that has called out a whisper to say "come see me, come see me."  Funny and unusual thought just came to me now.  What an interesting surprise it is.  The surprise is that I did not feel this call from the ego of the artist but from the works themselves.  This amazing person/artist Amy Archer, was completely in her element in being this joy of a person with sharing herself to others.  What else was amazing was she took something so simple in its form and structure and created something so rich and unique for the mind to see.

My minds eye sees so much and I wish right now that what I saw, I could put it here right now and I know you would weep with a profound beauty of what she did with what she thought was so simple.  And yes I did speak with her for a little bit with camera crew filming.

I see the mention of the camera crew has been twice and that is because a very special person, that I can call friend, is making a documentary about artist with Brain Injuries and I happen to be one of the artist.  So, it was a very interesting complex combination going on in my mind, that was trying to figure out how to stay focused on what I sOOOOOO wanted to do to and knowing that this camera crew was there, working on getting the most important shots to tell the story.

We get out of the car, they adjust there equipment and off we go.  Ok, really it was a weeee bit more complex then that but that is the condensed version of it.

First stop was to be PDX Art Gallery somewhere in the vicinity of 9th and Flanders.  Our parking spot was at 8th and Couch, I think.  So I knew the direction to go I just looked for the most shaded areas to get there.  What unexpectedly happen was a stop at this gallery, http://www.jpepinartgallery.com/  I was on the NE corner of 9th & Everett and turned my head in the direction of where I thought PDX Gallery was and saw on the west side of the street a smaller gallery that looked VERY interesting.  It was as if my radar clung on to it.   Cheryl (the producer and director of the film), (did I leave any other titles out?) had a surprise, raised eyebrow look on her face.  Made note of it and proceeded.

The space couldn't have been more then 700 square feet but boy did they pack in a lot of very powerful works.  I was in there for a few minutes and flashes of where the crew were at float across my mind because the focus was on the art and I was IN LOVE.

Ok, it is now well over an hour since I started this and I can barely keep my eyes open so I have to finish it here and will finish this tomorrow, I think.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photographer of the Week - Kory Zuccarelli

Splice A Monkey, don't you see?!

Five Portrait Photographers You Should Know