A FUNNY THING Happened On The Way To The Brain Injury Conference.....

I gave my first presentation at the Oregon Brain Injury conference and loved doing it but the funny thing that happened is that I am being evicted, from my apartment, kind of because of it.

OK, this is how it went:

I had an accident over 10 years ago, which caused permanent Brain Injury and since then I lost the very active life I use to have, the job, the ex and the house.  I have been working as hard as I can with my severe limitations but I am one of those people that have fallen through the cracks as far as being able to get the best treatment for my disability.  So I can create my art like crazy and literally have close of a million dollars of beaut......

Oh sh@#$, seizures. be back later.............

(later on Sunday) Well the presentation at the conference went very well and my friend that was there said it seemed as if I had given at least a couple hundred presentations.  I was SO PROUD!

What I did not expect was how exhausting it would be.  It took more then 6 weeks to be able to do more then 2 hours worth of work each day and so I got very behind on orders from my Etsy shop as well as daily maintenance on it and listing.  So in June my shop was suspended.  I had not had a sale since early June so severe lack of money coming in.  I had not been able to pay June's rent but gave a promissory note on June fifteenth to pay $100.00 each week till my rent for June was paid off.  I was hoping that something would come through as in sales from one of the other sites I am on or maybe the loan applications I applied for (even though my credit sucks) or something.  But nothing did.  I wanted to talk with the building manager but do not feel comfortable doing so unless I have someone from my Brain Injury support group with me since I do not trust the building manager.  Last January I discovered that she is dishonest and lies about stuff and makes stuff up to fit her needs.  I learned this from personal experience.  Well my Brain Injury Advocate was completely unavailable and now we are at July 3rd and getting ready to go for First Thursday and filming with the documentary crew.

I had not seen a return of the  signed promissory note and was expecting it but instead I get an eviction notice posted on my door, with no warning.  I was able to postpone the inevitable breakdown that occurs with my Major Depression Disorder when there is a Major Stressor, like eviction and especially with no where to go.

It was a very good evening because it was fun to get out to First Thursday for the fist time in probably a couple of years.  I used to go all the time but hardly ever and I was so happy to be able to connect once again with something that was part of my routine.

Exhausted on Saturday but expected that but by Sunday I was starting to feel the symptoms come on.  Not being able to get a hold of my Brain Injury Advocate was triggering it as well.  I still tried to function but underneath my skin was the monster trying to take hold.  By Wednesday evening the cops were knocking at my door.

Hopefully more to come in a little bit, have to rest some more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photographer of the Week - Kory Zuccarelli

Splice A Monkey, don't you see?!

Five Portrait Photographers You Should Know